Department of French and Russian Language and Literature
This department, which was originally established in 1959 as the Department of French, continued its activities as a department of the Faculty of Foreign Languages in 1979. Following the Islamic Revolution and the subsequent reformations in university curricula to address the needs of an Islamic Society, the department resumed its activities with a B.A program in 1984. The first M.A program of the department was launched in 1990. The department is currently running a B.A program in French Language and Literature and M.A programs in French Language and Literature, Teaching French and also French Translation. There are 10 Assistant professors working in this department.